Have a look at some examples of assertive affirmations listed below and see if there are any that might feel right for you .......
- I am honest and direct in expressing my thoughts and feelings.
- I am willing to speak up and share my views
- I am confident about my opinions and decisions.
- I can accept that someone else may have a better idea than I do.
- I am open to positive criticism and constructive suggestions.
- I am willing to ask for help from others when I need it.
- I am able to turn down unreasonable requests
- I directly address things that bother me.
- I speak up with confidence about things that matter to me.
- My needs are just as important as the needs of others
By repeating positive statements to yourself regularly throughout the day, when you have spare moments, you in a way are feeding your mind healthy food. The more that you think these positive and self-affirming thoughts, the more they will seep into your sub-conscious and become part of your belief system.
Consequently over time, you will find these beliefs become like a navigational system which start to shape the decisions and actions of your life. And if you are looking for some inspiration to combine with assertive affirmations, have a look at the following video